Your privacy is very important to us. We want to make your experience using CommunityPass, Capturepoint’s flagship product, as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.
The primary objective of CommunityPass is to make it easier for residents, parents and children to participate in community activities and more affordable for organizations within the Community to operate. To that end, following are the founding principles of CommunityPass.
- To provide a trusted and central location for parents and residents to register themselves and their children for events and activities within their Community.
- To enable organizations within a community to accept credit card payments at the lowest possible processing cost.
- To reduce the amount of administration required to process and manage registration data.
- To enable collaboration and sharing of data across disparate organizations within a community without requiring ongoing coordination or financial commitments between organizations.
- Community. A geographic boundary, usually a municipality, school district or regional area.
- Community Account. A combination of CommunityPass family accounts that reside in a specific community and CommunityPass Organizations that service members of the same community. A Community Account consists of the following elements: 1) a public portal that is can be customized for members of the Community; 2) a database of family accounts that reside within the Community; and individual organizations servicing the community.
- Family Account. A group of one or more individuals that are: 1) related or residing in the same residence; and 2) planning to register in the future, are currently registering or have previously registered for an event or activity with an Organization using CommunityPass. A family account is created: 1) directly by a family member from the CommunityPass sign-up page; 2) created by an organization administrator on behalf of the family; or 3) uploaded into CommunityPass by Capturepoint at the request of an organization Administrator.
- Family Account Members. Individuals within a family classified as Children or Adults. Each family has an adult designated as the responsible parent or guardian (RPG). The RPG of a family account is the recipient of all email and postal mail communication sent or generated through CommunityPass.
- Organization. A Capturepoint Client that is an association, club, business, government entity or school which requires registration and (optionally) payments prior to or during participation.
- Organization Administrator. An organization employee who is responsible for setup and administration of CommunityPass on behalf of their organization.
- Public User (“Users”). A login and password that enables a CommunityPass family account to view and edit family information, perform and manage registrations for family members and process payments through the CommunityPass Online Portal.
- Shared Information. The information stored in CommunityPass for Family Account Members is as follows:
- Family: family name, primary address and primary phone
- Adult: name, phone, email and (optionally) date of birth
- Child: name, grade, gender, birthdate, school
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
Shared information is stored in the CommunityPass database when Family Accounts are created and used to manage each User’s account. Shared information is accessible by the Organization Administrator for all organizations within a Community Account.
Organizations are prohibited from: 1) using Capturepoint data for any other purpose other than Capturepoint approved programs designed to better serve Users, 2) selling, renting or giving Shared Information to any other company, or 3) collecting and storing Social Security, driver’s license, or credit card numbers. A complete list of violations can be found in the Capturepoint Acceptable Use Policy.
It is Capturepoint’s policy not to use or share the personal information in ways unrelated to the ones described above. However, Capturepoint may disclose personal information or information regarding use of the Services if, for any reason, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, regulations or other legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy or other policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect Capturepoint, our Services, our employees or our Users.
“COOKIES” AND HOW CAPTUREPOINT USES THEM
Advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies. We do not control use of these cookies and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
CAPTUREPOINT’S COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is especially important to us. It is our policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and other applicable laws. You must be 18 to use the Services. Capturepoint does not attempt to ask or collect information from any person under the age of 18.
Capturepoint recommends that children ask a parent for permission before sending any personal information anywhere using the Internet.
CAPTUREPOINT’S COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
Capturepoint has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information. We will never sell your information to a third party.
HOW TO ACCESS OR MODIFY YOUR INFORMATION
Capturepoint offers Users the opportunity to access or modify information provided during registration. To access or modify such information, login to your CommunityPass Family Account.
P.O. Box 628
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
REVISIONS TO THIS POLICY
Capturepoint reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted on our website: www.capturepoint.com.